CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Laynee's Friends

This weekend we have had two little visitors. I think of them as Laynee's friends, but in reality, they never had the pleasure of meeting her.    I met RK, her husband and her girls, Braska and Kinlee, through blog world after Laynee died.  They lived fairly close to us. We met. We  hit it off and they have been a part of our lives ever since.  It seems unfathomable that Laynee never knew them. RK and I met  up Friday morning, half way between our home and theirs, so that the girls could come spend  a couple of days with us.  We've had a great time but my heart squeezes frequently as I realize how much fun little miss Laynee would be having with them.  We have done fun things, things that I know Laynee would be loving if she  were here with us.  I will continue to think of them as Laynee's friends because it is only because of her that we have grown to love these two beautiful little girls.  And I know that someday.......someday they will, indeed, be friends in heaven. 


Braska and Kinlee in Laynee's Garden


We Miss You, Laynee Grace.
We Love You more than anyone can ever know.



1 comment:

  1. So neat, but because we talk about Laynee as their friend too. Kinlee said on the way up there thats she would be playing with all the kids... And she named them all... And then said that another day she would get to play with the "little girl in the pictures at their house"... I'm forever grateful that my girls get to have the benefit of your family in their lives.

    ReplyDelete