CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Beauty

This morning I awoke to the most beautiful sunrise.  The snow covered ground glistened.  The trees heavy with frost sparkled with the morning light.  I looked out my bathroom window to see my brother in laws horses next door as they pranced around in the snow.  One of my most beautiful memories of Laynee is in the mornings when I would dress her.  I would stand her up on my vanity and she would crouch down low, rear end, nearly touching the vanity top,  to see between the slats in the mini blinds.  Upon spotting her beloved hee hees next door, she would straighten, point their direction and give a long heeeee.  I'm not sure why it is but this is one of the pictures that I can recall with vivid clarity in my mind's eye. 

When I saw her heehees this morning, I was overcome with sadness, wishing that I could scoop her up onto the vanity for a good look.  As the brilliant hues of pink, orange, and purple began to appear in the sky, I was comforted with the knowledge that she is there.  Somewhere beyond that sunrise my beautiful baby dances before her king. 

Let us praise his name in dancing
Psalm 149:3





3 comments:

  1. You're right, KK, yours are better. That third pic is absolutely stunning. Love you my friend, praying for you.
    ral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is right. I have
    Been thinking about you these past few weeks.
    This is really hard isn't it.
    One breathe at a time is about all I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anything could make me long more for Heaven...

    CS Lewis wrote about certain pictures, certain music, certain stories, certain landscapes drawing up in him an intense longing for *something.* Once he became a Christian, he knew what he was longing for.

    Your pictures make me want to go There. Today.

    Lead on, O King Eternal.

    Oh, Laynee, I want to see what you are seeing - and I still wish you were here.

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete