CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Prayers for Jada

This week, our church youth pastor and his wife received the news that their 5 year old daughter, Jada, has a form of kidney cancer referred to as Wilm's Tumor.  Doug and Jessica have one younger son, Oliver and are expecting their 3rd child any day.   Please pray for everyone involved as they begin the agonizing journey of the unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...For certain they will be in our prayers! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how deeply my heart aches when I hear that another family is about to embark on this journey.So sad and a little mad too.Will certainly say many,many prayers.

    Having spent 8 months on the oncology floor with Zoey,I have become versed in far more about pediatric cancer,then I ever could have imagined.Or for that matter ever even wanted to know.I now know unfortunately,more types then I had,before Zoey's journey began.Wilm's being one of them.Our dear friends,Jeff and Jo Ann have a foundation,Pablove,in honor of their precious Pablo,who lost his fight 1 1/2 years ago.They are very involved in the Wilm's community,with their contacts being literally worldwide,I would be happy to pass on their numbers,emails or anything else that might be of help.

    I wish I had the words or deeds to ease this road that this family is about to begin.I just don't.I so wish I did.I do know,that faith is the only thing that saw our family through this journey.Faith and hope,that is all.

    Thinking of you Karol.Please don't hesitate in contacting me if you want me help them get in touch with my friends.

    ReplyDelete