CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Friday, December 10, 2010

From the Mouth of Elizabeth Edwards

There is a quote that has appeared o on the blogs of many other baby loss mothers in recent days.  Elizabeth Edwards, former wife of Senator John Edwards, passed away on Tuesday, December 7 at the age of 61.  Ms.  Edwards has left her mark on our country with her passion.  She was a mother, a cancer survivor, an advocate, an author and a symbol for stregth among women. 

While I have no intention of sharing my views on Ms. Edward's place in the public spotlight, this one quote of hers is too profound not to share.   She was quoted for this statement after the tragic, accidental death of her teenaged son. 

"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and ...that is a great gift."

~ Elizabeth Edwards

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quote. Thank you for sharing! That is something to always remember for sure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted this! This is currently my status on FB (Mrs. Edwards' quote). It's comforting, because that is how I feel. I just want people to remember Ethan, to NOT skirt around the topic. I want to talk about him, no matter how painful it could be. Afterall, God made tears to heal our souls. :o)

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I appreciate the prayers. Though I cannot promise I will pray for you daily (I know you understand), I am going to pause right now and life you up to our Heavenly Father. God bless you, Karol. Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete