CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Laynee's Daddy

Little girls love their mommy, without a doubt, but there is something extra special about a little girl and her daddy.  Laynee adored her daddy and the feeling was quite mutual.  I miss seeing them together.  I miss looking out the window and seeing that daddy had taken time away from his jobs to give her a ride on her golf cart.   I miss Sunday afternoons when daddy and little girl would walk hand in hand until her legs got tired and he would swoop her up into his arms.  I miss the fact that he would stand for long moments with her, looking at the chickens (bawk bawks) that so enthralled her.  I miss hearing her little feet running down the hall to his office.  I miss all the things that she would pull out of his office drawers and leave in a heap on the floor.  I miss seeing her dance in the bathtub to the silly song that her daddy made up about bath time.  Most of all, I miss the way she buried her face in his knees and lifted her arms, completely trusting that he would pick her up and squeeze her, kiss her, hold her.   Laynee knew her daddy loved her, that he would hold her forever, that he would never let her down. 


On this Father's Day I miss daddy's youngest daughter. 

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!

2 comments:

  1. I do so wish I could have experienced them together... Seeing "Uncle Jim" with my girl is special enough to tell me that moments between Daddy and Laynee were beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day, Jim-
    I'm sure you're heart is aching for the little
    girl that helped make you a very special daddy,
    but I believe today she is watching from heaven
    everything you do today and knowing in her little mind that you was her daddy that loved her so much and made her short life on earth
    very special. We pray for you taday - and may
    you have a good father's day.
    All Our Love,
    Wagenbach's

    ReplyDelete