CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dear Laynee,

I am missing you something fierce tonight.  Daddy and I went to a visitation together.  The mother of some of our friends died a few days ago.  I know that she is up in heaven and I think she's probably making you laugh because she had a way of making people laugh and she really loved little people.  But I also know that the people left here are going to miss her alot. 

After the visitation Daddy and I stopped at your grave.  We don't go there together very often.  I go there all the time and daddy  goes alot, but not usually together.  It hurt to go together because we know how much the other is hurting. 

I heard this song today and it made me cry.  Of course, I did not write this song but the words are just what I'm thinking all the time.  This hole in my heart just seems to get bigger and bigger.  Missing you is not getting any better.   Tonight my arms hurt from wanting to hold you.

I miss you and I love you so much
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment