CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Prayers for Tripp

Over the course of the time that I have been blogging, I have made countless  friends in fellow bloggers.  Many of these friends are those who have lost children, others are mothers of special needs children, some have experienced both.  I need both of these groups of women.  Somehow, in sharing the joys and struggles that we all face, the path that life has taken me on seems a little less lonely. 

Today, through one of my blogger friends, I have become aware of a young child and his family who are walking a very diffiuclt path at this very moment.  Little Tripp suffers from Epidermolysis Bullosa or EB.  I have read of other children with EB and know that it is a disease that causes suffering that is beyond comprehension.  Today Tripp's mother, Courtney, is faced with the very real probability that life's natural cycle will be interuppted and she will outlive her son.  Tripp's story, his joy in the face of great adversity, and Courtney's positive outlook,  have touched me at the very core of my being.  Please join me in lifting up this little family to our Father in prayer.   You can read Tripp's Story here.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet,courageous boy. The why's of this world, I will never, ever understand. Praying for this beautiful boy and his family. Peace and strength for the journey.

    ReplyDelete