CS Lewis once said that "grief is like the sky, it covers everything." In recent weeks, our family has found that this is so very true. It seems that there is no right or wrong way to travel this path of grief. I have created this blog in hopes that some day we will be able to look back on our journey and see written proof that our great God never leaves us. God is good all the time.

Celebrating Laynee

You might want to scroll to the bottom of this page and pause the music before playing this video.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

5th Birthday


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYNEE

Oh how special this day should be, a day of excited anticipation. A day filled with cake and candles, balloons and presents........ because 5 is a very important age. 5 is the year of leaving toddlerhood behind to become a little lady. 5 is for learning....  to read and write and tie your own shoes, maybe even ride a bike.   5 is for dance classes - tap, ballet, gymnastics or maybe T-ball instead. 5 is for kindergarten and school buses and new, special friends.  5 is for so many wonderful things.  But, for you, 5 was not meant to be. 

I know that you're happy, you will never know sad.  You're not missing these things so you really don't mind. Your heart's not been broken as badly as mine. I haven't seen you for such a long time, forever it seems,but I know that for you it's been no time at all. I miss you sweet baby, my prettiest girl.  I can't wait for heaven, to hold you once more.  I love you sweet Laynee, I always will


Happy Birthday in Heaven, my 5 year old girl. \

  




3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Laynee, how I wish you were here for your momma, for your family, that misses you so. Today I send love skyward to you as you look down upon those remembering you and I send love and prayers of peace and strength Eastward for those that need it most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, sweet girl. So many miss you so badly, but we are all glad that your have Jesus to celebrate with since you can't be here with us. Dance yourself dizzy, little pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Laynee...most precious girl in the whole, wide world.

    I love what RK said: "Dance yourself dizzy, little pretty one."

    And hold a spot for us. We're coming!

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete